Emotional wellness is the ability to successfully handle life’s stresses and adapt to change and difficult times. Here are tips for improving your emotional health: (Source: NIH)
BRIGHTEN YOUR OUTLOOK
People who are emotionally well, experts say, have fewer negative emotions and are able to bounce back from difficulties faster. This quality is called resilience. Another sign of emotional wellness is being able to hold onto positive emotions longer and appreciate the good times.
TO DEVELOP A MORE POSITIVE MINDSET:
1. Remember your good deeds. Give yourself credit for
the good things you do for others each day.
2. Forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. Learn from what went wrong, but don’t dwell on it.
3. Spend more time with your friends. Surround yourself with positive, healthy people.
4. Explore your beliefs about the meaning and purpose of life. Think about how to guide your life by the principles that are important to you.
5. Develop healthy physical habits. Healthy eating, physical activity, and regular sleep can improve your physical and mental health.