Help Your Heart Out
- Veg out — Adding vegetables and fruits to your diet boosts your heart health. Aim for five servings each day.
- Volunteer — Sharing your time and talents is good for your heart. Look for opportunities to get involved at your neighborhood school, place of worship or community.
- Give thanks — Gratitude can boost your immunity and help you sleep. Keep a gratitude journal to help the act of regularly giving thanks become second nature.
- Stress less — Exercising and meditation can help you manage stress. So can setting boundaries. You can’t do everything. Learn to say ‘no’ occasionally.
- Sleep more — Make sleep a priority. Aim for eight hours a night. Exercising during the day and avoiding heavy meals and electronics too close to bedtime may help you fall — and stay — asleep.