1. Use applesauce instead of oil when baking. Try substituting applesauce for half the oil requested in cake and brownie recipes. You’ll cut down on calories without losing flavor or texture.
2. Eat brown rice instead of white rice. Brown rice has more fiber and nutrients than white rice. The fiber also makes it more filling.
3. Use egg whites instead of whole eggs. Swap ¼ cup of egg substitute or two egg whites for each egg in a recipe to cut calories and cholesterol.
4. Choose multigrain or whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta. Some pastas also have Omega-3 fatty acids, an added benefit.
5. Select low-fat cheese over full-fat cheese. There are many delicious reduced-fat cheeses that reduce calories and saturated fat without compromising flavor.