What Are the Basic Principles of a Whole Foods, Plant-Based Diet?
- It emphasizes whole, minimally processed foods.
- It limits or avoids animal products.
- It Focuses on plants, including vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, seeds and nuts, which should make up the majority of what you eat.
- It Excludes refined foods, like added sugars, white flour and processed oils.
- It pays special attention to food quality, with many proponents of the WFPB diet promoting locally sourced, organic food whenever possible.