It’s a windy day in south Texas. It feels good. The air is clean. A light spring jacket is all I need for the morning. I can shed the jacket this afternoon. I like to stand facing the wind. I close my eyes and visualize myself being cleansed of any stress that accumulated in me. In a few minutes I feel as if I’ve taken an emotional shower. I feel great. Try it the next time you have a windy day.
Potassium Friendly Foods
- Sweet potato: One medium sweet potato contains about 542 mg of potassium, which is more than a medium-sized banana.
- Spinach: One cup of cooked spinach contains about 839 mg of potassium, which is more than double the amount in a banana.
- Avocado: One medium-sized avocado contains about 975 mg of potassium, which is almost double the amount in a banana.
- Salmon: One 3-ounce serving of cooked salmon contains about 534 mg of potassium, which is slightly more than a medium-sized banana.
- White beans: One cup of cooked white beans contains about 1,190 mg of potassium, which is more than twice the amount in a medium-sized banana.
Source: ChatGPT open AI
A Touch of Kindness
Can Turn Another’s Life Around
Joe: “My cousin had an accident and lost his nose.”
Pete: “That’s terrible. How will he smell?”
Joe: “The same as alway, terrible.”
Human Physical Touch Relieves Stress and Loneliness
Human touch may have a calming effect and help you better cope with stress. For example, studies show that positive physical contact and sex may help relieve stress and loneliness. These types of contact may help release oxytocin and lower cortisol. In turn, these effects help lower blood pressure and heart rate. Both high blood pressure and increased heart rate are physical symptoms of stress.
NOTE: Give those you love a great daily vitamin: A warm hug. Those you love and you will feel better.
George Lenard Allen
Her eyes? Dark pools of deepest shade,
Like sylvan lakes that lie
In some sequestered forest glade
Beneath a starry sky.
Her cheeks? The ripened chestnut’s hue,—
Rich autumn’s sun-kissed brown!
Caressed by sunbeams dancing through
Red leaves that flutter down.
Her form? A slender pine that sways
Before the murmuring breeze
In summer, when the south wind plays
Soft music through the trees.
Herself? A laughing, joyous sprite
Who smiles from dawn till dark,
As lovely as a summer night
And carefree as a lark.
“Do good and good will come to you.”
~ Adam Lowy