Live in the present. The past is gone; the future is unknown – but the present is real, and your opportunities are now.
Living in the present moment is difficult for me. My mind has a way of grabbing ahold of the past or jumping to the future. Is it that way for you?
A wise friend gave me advice and it helped me to put a saddle on my mind and keep it under control
My wise friend suggested:
1. The past is the reservoir of events where I was loved, strong, and successful against great challenges. Use them as a foundation for today.
2. The future is where I want to go. My friend told me to dare to dream a big dream worthy of me and to use it as my GPS.
3. The present moment is where I am to build on the foundation the past laid for me and activily do the hard work of moving toward my dream.
This advice has been very helpful for me. It’s not always easy to follow, but it serves as an anchor. Let me know if you find it helpful for you.
Regrets are a waste of time. They’re the past crippling you in the present.
Everyone may not be good, but there’s always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
“I can’t change the past, but I can make tomorrow better.” ~ unknown
I can’t count the times I would have changed the past if I had the power to change it. I can’t. In hindsight, I’ve come to view the past as my unique journey. My pilgrimage through the wilderness called life. Life isn’t for the faint of heart, the weak of knees. It’s for the courageous. It is for those whose hearts burn a candle of hope. It is for those who understand the past is a teacher and the present moment to be embraced with an eye toward tomorrow. I let four principles guide me.
- I know what I do today will shape my tomorrow.
- I know I don’t have to live in yesterday, I’ve already lived there. I take what is good, leave the rest behind.
- I know my dreams are important to shaping my tomorrow. I will dream big dreams and I will not give up on them.
- I know, if my heart is right, my eyes on the ultimate goal, wherever I travel in the wilderness of life, I am guided by faith and it will end well.