Feeling stressed? Read. Getting lost in a book can lower levels of cortisol, or other unhealthy stress hormones, by 67 percent.Source
For a super easy and quick stress reliever, try chewing gum. One study showed that people who chewed gum had a greater sense of wellbeing and lower stress . One possible explanation is that chewing gum causes brain waves similar to those of relaxed people. Another is that chewing gum promotes blood flow to your brain. Additionally, one recent study found that stress relief was greatest when people chewed more strongly.SOURCE
- Sit in a chair and get comfortable with good posture.
- Place one hand on your chest and the other hand on your diaphragm (just above yourstomach).
- Spend a moment concentrating on your breath and notice how your body naturally breathes.
- Now bring your shoulders back slightly. By bringing your shoulders back slightly (with no strainon the neck), you open up your heart to receive more oxygen and blood flow.
- Practice paying attention to your breathing. When you inhale, your belly expands; when youexhale, your belly goes in and pushes out oxygen.6)Practice two to three slow inhales and exhales. As you get better at this exercise, spend moretime at each sitting. SOURCE